Sunday, May 19, 2013

Colours and designs...

So, I asked the other day for some colour inspirations...
This is Isabella's blanket with her quilt (doona/duvet) cover

And this is the blanket pattern I have 



Similar, yes?
So, the question is, what colours should I make the blanket in for Margaret? This is her quilt cover...

I was thinking red, pink, white, blue...
And then there's Katharine's quilt cover (which is still packed for now, but this is the matching pillow case)

I'm thinking light blue, royal blue, yellow and red... 

And that's where I'm at for now... 




Thursday, May 16, 2013

Some input, please!

For those that don't know (and under which rock have you been living?), I crochet.
I recently bought Kim Werker's Crocheted Gifts since Isabella has a star blanket that was crocheted by a friend.
So, here's where you all come in... My design Pinterest board has colour swatches. Can you jump over there and please tell me which would be best for the princess (Margaret, age 5), which would be best for the Doctor Who obsessed child (Katharine, age 10), and which would be best for Ian and I (we have a green quilt cover and a blue and coffee quilt cover, so coordinating would be best).
Thanks, guys :)

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A new pattern...

I bought a new pattern... Olivia over at The Gingerbread Lady wrote a beautiful pattern, and I've been umming and ahhing about it for ages. I finally decided to do it, and bought the pattern so I can give it a go.
I also have a few other patterns I want to try - Annie's Attic Cathedral Rose, and several billion hat, scarf, motif based blanket, mile-a-minute patterns, and a book on its way from Interweave Crochet (there's a pattern in there that I want).
All of that should keep me busy, as well as getting the blankets I'm already working on done, and learning to knit!

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Success!

After much trial and error, I finally turned the hexagons into a square.
I started with trying to convert an octagon to square pattern ...

Then I decided to make it up as I went along - a problem, since I have another 95 hexagons I need to replicate this on...

At least I have that first one I can count from and then copy.

Pattern will be forthcoming when I tweak it properly.


Thursday, February 28, 2013

Time to square off...

So, the hexagon blanket plans have changed again...

I found a lovely and simple tutorial on changing an African flower into a square (which makes them much easier to join together) so I've taken it over to my hexagons. I'm working on the first one now, and to see how well it works - if it's successful, I'll post the link tonight and some images.